Educator WP is Learning Management System theme for WordPress. It is created for the Educator WP WordPress plugin – wordpress.org/plugins/ibeducator.
This theme uses minimalistic approach to let your students focus on course content.
- A lot of useful shortcodes.
- A lot of theme options.
- Choose between a number of Google Fonts.
- Theme options are offered through WordPress Customizer (WordPress Core feature).
- Manage slideshows easily with IB Slideshows plugin.
- Students manage their profile through front-end.
- 3 choices for blog posts and courses archives layouts.
- Magnific Popup for images.
- Share posts and courses (Facebook, Google+, Twitter).
- IB Retina plugin to help you make images look good on retina screens.
- Offer courses online.
- Lecturer user role. Lecturers can create and edit their own courses, lessons and quizzes.
- Student user role.
- Add quizzes to courses. Quizzes can be graded.
- Login, register and profile pages.
- Payment methods: PayPal, cash or check.
- Ability to add students to courses manually.
- Students are able to view their quiz results while course is in progress.
- Well written documentation (constantly updated).
- Clean and easy to follow code.
- Use WooSidebars plugin for custom sidebars.
- Support and updates.
- Easy to use.
Even more features will come with further updates to the Educator WP theme and plugin.
IMPORTANT: please read this article: http://incrediblebytes.com/educator-wp-plugin-might-need-update-lessons/
Please update the theme to the version 1.2.2 and the Educator WP plugin to the version 1.3.3. - Added support for the Educator 1.3.2/1.3.3 (the courses shortcode) - Added "Wide" page template. - Various improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed the dropdowns CSS bug. - Added the login_url and register_url filters. If the custom theme login and registration pages are setup, WordPress redirects the user to these pages for login and registration. - Added the "redirect_to" query var. - Added the Instagram option to the toolbar. - Added the registration success message to the custom registration page. - Deleted the "educator_ib_edu_login_url" function and "ib_educator_login_url" filter from the ib-educator/include/ibeducator.php. - The following functions were deprecated: educator_login_url, educator_registration_url.
Please read this article:
Updating the Educator WP Theme to Version 1.2.0
- Fixed slashes bug in the student's profile form. - Fixed the slideshows autoscroll setting. - Fixed the search page title. - Added support for Educator WP 1.3. - Improved the user's(student's) front end pages management (Profile, Student's Courses, Membership, Payments).
Important: please read the update instructions.
- Fixed logo height in the fixed menu for large logos. - Fixed google font loading (Open Sans). - Added the option to hide register/login links from the main menu (Appearance > Customize > Header Settings). - Added show_price attribute to the educator_courses shortcode. - Added zoom attribute to the dm3_google_map shortcode from the dm3-shortcodes plugin. - Fixed mobile menu on resize when the page is initially loaded on desktop. - Improved the child theme structure. It doesn’t use @import to include the parent theme’s style.css. This improves performance of the theme.
- Added "Max Logo Height" option to Customizer (General section). - Updated styles for Educator WP 1.2.0